Thursday, October 23, 2008

Feet are silly

Well, I feel pretty dumb about now. My left leg has been hurting pretty badly for about a week now, making it difficult for me to get to sleep. I finally decided (after talking to a friend of mine who is a physical therapist) to go have it x-rayed today. All in all, the doctor's visit was not a very pleasant experience. I found out I have a stress fracture in my foot, which is what I had begun to suspect. They gave me this tiny boot and two prescriptions, but no real information or suggestions. I finished work today, assuming that the boot would take the pressure off of my fracture and it wouldn't hurt as bad as it has been. Wrong! It hurt as bad today or worse than it has been! I guess I'll be staying home tomorrow and the rest of the weekend to try to let it have a break. (Oh gosh, that really wasn't supposed to be funny.) If anyone really read this, I would probably change it, but, for now at least, this is more for my benefit than anyone elses. I'm pretty sure this dumb thing was caused from David and my inspiration to start running again - and hoping to train for a half marathon. I stopped running a few weeks ago because my leg was starting to hurt a little. I am just wondering why it waited until last week to start hurting . . . . ?

No comments: