Saturday, October 18, 2008

Autumn Weekends

I love the weekends (and anytime really) in autumn. Lately the weather has been so nice! I love being outside, although I still don't go out enough. Yesterday we went to the high school football game - our team lost, but it was fun anyway. David watched his students play and cheerlead and such, and we also watched my brothers in the band. We got to sleep in this morning and just hang out around the house. Then we went and helped with the youth Super Saturday hayride at Mom & Dad's. We had chili and roasted marshmallows and drank hot chocolate - all of the wonderful things about the fall and cool weather. We also had roasted pumpkins seeds leftover from everyone making Jack-O-Lanterns. I don't know if I've had them before, but I actually like them. It also reminded me that we should carve a pumpkin soon. I had a lot of fun talking to people and trying to scare the kids on the hayride (I think I scared myself more than them). I caught a few pieces of the Razorback game whenever I could - It was going so well, then they lost right at the end :( But UCA won, so that's good at least. I guess everything can't be perfect - just nearly.

No comments: